MOWBECK. Photo Credit: Unknown
All the good vibes / success headlines from the Nottingham music scene over the past few months (that we know of), please drop us a line if we’ve missed anything significant (our definition of significant is a first of national relevance) – email@example.com.
- It’s been a huge six months for YOUNG T & BUGSEY. They got their first national radio play from fellow Nottsman MistaJam at the start of the year. And now they’re playing two of the UK’s biggest festivals, Wireless and Reading and Leeds Festival.
- YOU WANT FOX had their debut national radio play courtesy of John Kennedy on Radio X.
- Forever Records were nominated for a Music Week award for Independent Retailer.
- SLEAFORD MODS‘ album English Tapas reached number 12 in the official UK charts AND made history as the first ever Notts artist to play Wembley Stadium when they supported the Stone Roses.
- 20 Notts artist got some national media loving courtesy of Fred Perry Subculture.
- CHROMA BAY got their national telleh play on Made In Chelsea with their track ‘Overnight.’
- A record breaking number of local artists played Nottingham’s Dot to Dot Festival – over 150 Notts musicians! 150!
- MEZZO got played on 1XTRA thanks to Jamz Supernova.
- KETO received some badass funding from the PRS for Music Foundation via the Women Make Music fund.
- ANDDDD BRU-C has been given PRS for Music Foundation funding via the ‘Open Fund’.
- YAZMIN LACEY got her first play on BBC 6 Music courtesy of Giles Peterson and then he went and put ‘Black Moon’ as the ‘6 Music Recommends’ release of the week.
- MOWBECK were added to Radio 1‘s playlist as the BBC Introducing Track of the Week with their song ‘The Basement.’
- ROB GREEN got his debut Radio One play with his track ‘Belief‘ thanks to Huw Stephens and BBC Introducing East Midlands!
- TACO HELL got their debut Radio 1 play from Huw Stephens!
- LONDON GRAMMAR only went and got a number one album with ‘Truth Is A Beautiful Thing.‘ That’s the second number one album by a Nottingham artist this decade (if you count ’em as Notts)!!