The Nusic Academy is supported by PRS Foundation, as part of their ‘Talent Development Partner’ network.
Most musicians dream of making a living from their music. It’s the ultimate recipe for happiness. Paying the bills, doing what you love. We all know that getting the dollar together to take those important first steps can be one of the most difficult parts. Thankfully, there’s lots of ‘musician helping entities’ around the UK who want to give you money to take those steps.
Yes. Give. You. Money.
Well, in exchange for filling in a few forms.
Below we have collated a list of all the key funds and grants that Notts musicians are eligible for. If you are aware of any we have not included, please let us know via email – firstname.lastname@example.org
HELPFUL FIRST STEP: Joe Frankland (PRS Foundation) and Ellie Moore (Help Musicians UK) have put together a list of 12 top tips for any musician preparing to apply for funding. Do your homework, init – https://www.helpmusicians.org.uk/news/latest-news/top-tips-for-funding-applications
FUNDS AND GRANTS
– ‘Momentum Music Fund’ – Up to 15k – http://www.prsformusicfoundation.com/funding/momentum-music-fund/
– The Open Fund for Music Creators’ – Up to 5k. – http://www.prsformusicfoundation.com/funding/the-open-fund/the-open-fund-for-music-creators/
– ‘Lynsey de Paul Prize’ – £500 – £2000 for female musicians – http://www.prsformusicfoundation.com/funding/lynsey-de-paul-prize/
– ‘Women Make Music’ – http://prsfoundation.com/funding/women-make-music-2/
– ‘International Showcase Fund’ – Up to 5k to travel to partner festivals / shows around the world – http://prsfoundation.com/funding/international-showcase-fund/
– ‘Flash Funding for Vinyl’ – 500x vinyls, for free – http://prsfoundation.com/funding/flashfundingflashfundingforvinyl-2017/
HELP MUSICIANS UK
– ‘Career Development Bursaries’ – Up to 2k – https://www.helpmusicians.org.uk/creative-programme/current-opportunities/career-development-bursaries
– WITH PLEDGEMUSIC – ‘Emerging Artists Fund’ (Note: deadline for 2017 has just passed)- Up to 5k – https://www.helpmusicians.org.uk/creative-programme/current-opportunities/emerging-artists-fund
– ‘Hearing Health Scheme’ – Significant discount off hearing protection – https://www.helpmusicians.org.uk/working-retired-musicians/musicians-hearing-health-scheme
These are just some of the key funding options available to you. We will continue to update this list with all info relevant to Notts musicians. If you fancy exploring on your own, or ya have a diff postcode thanks to mama or an ex-lover, Help Musicians UK have listed out all UK funding sources here – https://www.helpmusicians.org.uk/creative-programme/funding-wizard