The latest good vibes/ success headlines from the Nottingham music scene over the Summer (that we know of), please drop us a line if we’ve missed anything significant (our definition of significant is a first of national relevance) – firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Hockley Hustle raised a whopping £17,500 this year, with all proceeds going to CYF Project, Dolly’s Imagination Library, Equation, Framework, John Van Geest Cancer Research Centre, Nottingham Rethink, plus Nottingham and Nottinghamshire Refugee Forum.
– SHEKU KANNEH-MASON has signed to the Classical wing of the legendary Decca Records!
– BILLIE’s debut EP made it to No.7 in the iTunes Singer-Songwriter chart, just behind some bloke called Ed Sheeran.
– SHEKU KANNEH-MASON will have his own BBC4 documentary. Yes, his own documentary, focussed on his music, and his siblings, plus the diversity of Classical music. Mental.
– HECK have been announced to play the epic Texas (yes, as in Texas, America) festival SXSW.