Good vibes / success headlines from the Nottingham music scene over the past few months (that we know of), please drop us a line if we’ve missed anything significant (our definition of significant is a first of national relevance) – email@example.com.
- BEE-SIDES were made the ‘Hot One’ on John Kennedy’s Radio X show – and then the next week, he loved ’em so much, he upgraded it to the ‘Big One’.
- Over ten NG artists were played on National radio – courtesy of DJ Target’s ‘UK Touchdown Tour’ on 1Xtra.
- Out of 10,00 entries, JERUB was crowned runner up in the BBC Radio 1 Live Lounge Introducing comp. Plus he had peeps like Tom Grennan, Wolf Alice and Clara Amfo basically saying he’s amazing.
- LONDON GRAMMAR landed their third Top 10 album, and the third No 1 album by an NG artist this past decade.
- Oh, and they’re playing the arena too.
- MELONYX have signed to the soul greats – Tru Thoughts.
- DIANA DRILL was given a (COVID-ified) Fire in The Booth on Apple Music w/ Charlie Sloth.
- YOUNG T & BUGSEY are nominated for THREE (!!) Brit Awards – British Group, British Single + Breakthrough Artist.
- LIAM BAILEY is on the world famous NPR Tiny Desk. A channel graced by Alicia Keys, Paramore and Harry Styles.
- DO NOTHING made it onto the 6Music A-List w/ Uber Alles.
- BRU-C became the first Notts MC to ever sell out their own headline show at Rock City, and the eighth NG artist overall to do so.
- SLEAFORD MODS were on Jools Holland (again!), this time filmed at Nottingham Contemporary.
- JALLE was made BBC Radio 1’s ‘Introducing Track of the Week’.
- As was BEKA!