Good vibes / success headlines from the Nottingham music scene over the past few months (that we know of), please drop us a line if we’ve missed anything significant (our definition of significant is a first of national relevance) – email@example.com.
- ELLA KNIGHT and TONY SPARK join Gilles Peterson’s Future Bubblers crew.
- YOUNG T & BUGSEY played the massive BBC Radio 1 (virtual) big weekend, alongside Sam Smith, Jonas Brothers, Aitch and more. All whilst having their faces on Leicester Square billboards, the Evening Standard, plus Spotify’s GLOBAL ‘Radar’ campaign.
- Not content w/ dominating the UK chart – YT&B also broke the US chart – in at No 100 on the official Hot 100, plus the main Top 10 on the US iTunes singles chart. PLUS – they reached #1 on nine different iTunes charts across the world.
- TILLY GREENTREE made the Glastonbury Festival ‘Emerging Talent Competition’ longlist.
- NME knighted DO NOTHING as ‘one of Britain’s best emerging bands’!
- Light Hustle raised over £5k for NG musicians who needed it most. All thru the power of livestreamed NG music. Boom.
- BRU-C got his debut Annie Mac play on Radio 1, as she called ‘Introspective‘ ‘beautiful’.
- Huey Morgan named JUGA-NAUT’s ‘Been Away’ his Record of the Week on his 6Music show.
- YAZMIN LACEY was live on daytime National radio – joining Mary Anne Hobbs for the best part of an hour. Straight after finding herself on the 6Music A-List. Yes, A-LIST!
- BETSEY’s debut single ‘Survive’ smashed it into No 6 on the iTunes R&B chart.
- DHP Family were crowned ‘the fastest rising promoter’ in the UK by MusicWeek.