The Future Sound Of Nottingham 2013 deadline is nearing! Full details on how you can enter this year’s FSN are in this weeks Nusic Podcast, where the winner will play on the main stage at Splendour Festival! This is your last chance to enter this year’s FSN so get involved asap!
Here are the latest good vibes/ success headlines from the Nottingham music scene (that we know of), please drop us a line if we’ve missed anything significant (our definition of significant is something of national relevance) – email@example.com .
Speaking of significant omissions, last time around we forgot to mention the visit of Jamal Edwards from SBTV, one of the most watched online music channels in the UK. We’re expecting a stream of content to come out from this visit, shining a light on the urban music parts of the Notts scene.
Right let’s get into things, it’s been another vibrant few weeks for Nottingham’s music scene:
- Spotifydeclared Nottingham the second most musical city in the UK (only second?!)
- Nottingham has become home to the world’s first everHeavey Metal degree, courtesy of NCN, this has secured coverage for the Nottingham music scene right around the world.
- HARLIEGHBLU was ‘upgraded’ from track of the day to record of the week by MISTA JAM securing herself a week of BBC 1Xtra plays plus her first ever play on BBC Radio One!
- INDIANA secured her first play from the man himself Zane Lowe, her second on the show.
- NATALIE DUNCAN also made her Zane Lowe debut, live from Maida Vale! Hooking up with the hottest act in electronic music right now, no she’s not dueting with David Guetta she’s singing with Disclosure. Big. In. The. Game.
- DOT TO DOTannounced a record Nottingham of local artists on the local line-up as well as a record number of Nottingham artists being put on the bill in other cities, we’re particularly chuffed about the later.
- ORIGAMIBIRO’sTom Hill is officially Dr Who’s favourite new composer! Composing the soundtrack to the Dr’s new worldwide marketing campaign. #ThatsFookinCool
- CANTALOUPE‘s new single secured its first BBC Radio One.
- And finally not national but regional and on the telly which makes it kinda sexy, Geeta Pendse did a piece on East Midlands Today on the current buzz in the Nottingham music scene, read more about the piece HERE.
The valid Future Sound Of Nottinghamentries we have received (as of the time stated below) are as follows, if you are not there you have not sent a valid entry and/ or your entry has not been received:
This Tuesday start your week off at the launch of FRANKIUM’s new EP ‘Wait What’ at The Maze.
One of the acts supporting is ASHMORE, who reminds me of a UK Eminem with his track ‘The Ashmore Show’. Insightful lyrics, quirky delivery and catchy beats combine to create a sound we expect big things from. Check him out on our Nusic PodcastHERE.
MINIMUM is a four-piece Punk/Rock band that uses each individual’s musical influences to create their unique sound. They say they have a ‘goofy vibe that’s gonna make you wanna jump up and down and spill your pint.’ We can’t wait to see them live, whilst keeping a keen eye on our pint.
Headliners FRANKIUM are a 4 piece local Blues/Rock band with musical influences from Guns ‘N’ Roses, Black Stone Cherry and Theory Of A Deadman. They have been busy writing in the studio since completing their band line up to produce their new EP, which we can’t wait to hear. So check them out.
Also performing on the night is the awesome Punk/Rock band GREEN HILL ZONE. This is going to be a great night to start your week off with a whole load of awesome music and don’t forget to grab your free copy of FRANKIUM’S new EP at the launch!
This Thursday get your butts down to The Bodega where NOAH will be showing Notts just what they’re made of in their first hometown headline show.
Supporting on the night isJOEL BAKER, with his beautiful lyrics, oh so soothing vocals and catchy songs, he’ll have you hooked from the first verse. Check him out on the Nusic PodcastHERE.
JOY MUMFORD will captivate the audience with her beautiful infusion of Soul and Folk music, catchy melodies and soulful vocals. This lady’s up beat tracks will have you feeling on a high. Listen to her on our Nusic Podcast HERE.
Local childhood friends and Academy Of Contemporary Music graduates NOAH are back from London, set to take the Notts scene by storm. NOAH with their organic blend of soulful /folky vocals, passionate performances and gorgeous sounding harmonies, are definitely not to be missed.
This is sure to be a brilliant night with a great line up of home grown talent right on your door step, so make sure you get your tickets before they disappear!
This FridayFarmYard presents some awesome acts from the Notts scene at Jamcafé to start your weekend off on a high.
FarmYard describesONE BOMBas an ‘explosive live dance act’. The passionate duo create cutting edge Electronic music and use guest singers to complete their live sound. BBC’s Dean Jackson says they are ‘one of the finest acts to come out of this area’ and when we last saw them play live (at the Lacehouse) they absolutely blew the place apart. Check out for yourself on Monday’s Nusic Podcast HERE.
Hip Hop veterans ILL CITIZEN with their intelligent lyrics, big beats and catchy tunes will definitely have you hooked. This will be a rare not-to-be-missed appearance alongside a full live band on the night, which is going to be awesome, so don’t miss them.
Headliners THE AFTERDARK MOVEMENT are a badass six piece band with a unique sound that can best be described as a Jazz/ Hip Hop/Ska/ Reggae/Rock/Punk, yeah you know that genre – Jazz/ Hip Hop/Ska/ Reggae/Rock/Punk! TADMwith their Rhythmic grooves, soulful melodies and energetic hooks, they always get the room jumping. So check out last year’s Future Sound Of Nottingham winners and for details of how you can enter this years on the Nusic Podcast HERE.
Also playing on the night is the legendary, world conquering DJ/producer EX-FRIENDLY , so this is guaranteed to be an amazing night full of awesome music, so don’t miss out.