We source resources, contacts plus insights direct from music industry professionals to help you develop as artists. Some of the INSPIRATIONAL TALKS we’ve caught on tape, industry contacts plus recommended reading are all on our Nusic Academy Resources page HERE.
We do events in local schools. We talk about living the dream as musicians as a catalyst to get students thinking about their dreams, be that to play Splendour, score a six at Trent Bridge or giving an Aspley granny a heart opp at QMC. More deets HERE
We host workshops, seminars & surgeries based around the music industry issues you tell us you find most challenging, featuring the speakers you tell us you want to hear from (and give you the chance to connect with them on the night via our legendary Spread The Love sessions, not as dodgy as they sound!).
Our next Nusic Academy Workshop is on ‘Getting Media Exposure’, as part of Confetti’s Industry Week. All details, plus free tickets are HERE.
Catch the highlights videos from previous Nusic Academy Workshops HERE.
PREVIOUS WORKSHOPS, SURGERIES and SCHOOL TOURS
– Nov 2016 – ‘How to Fund Your Music’ Workshop, in association with PRS for Music Foundation.
– April 2016 – “Future Sound of Nottingham 2016 Advice” Workshop, in partnership with Nottingham Music Hub and Nottinghamshire Music Hub.
– March 2016 – “Getting Media Exposure For Your Music” – Workshop and Advice Fair.
– November 2015 – “Getting Those First Breaks” – Workshop and Advice Fair.
– March 2015 “Megashop – Media Exposure For Your Music” – Workshop, Surgeries and a Nusic Advice Fair (like a freshers fair, but for Notts musicians.)
– November 2014 – “How to Fund Your Music” – More info on our joint Nusic Academy Workshop and Surgeries can be found HERE.
– June 2014 – “JAKE BUGG – Lessons Learned From His Success” – More info on that Nusic Academy Workshop HERE.
– May 2014 – “Music Finance” surgery. Deets HERE.
– March 2014 – “How to get signed (if you want to)” Workshop. More info on that Nusic Academy Workshop HERE.
– January 2014 – “Music Law Advice’ surgery”. Deets HERE.
– Nov 2013 – Nusic School Tour with GEORIGE ROSE and ASHMORE , supported by New College Nottingham.
– October 2011 – “How to Make Money in the Music Industry Workshop. More info HERE.
– June 2011 – “How To Build A Fanbase” Workshop. More info HERE.
– October 2010 – “How to get Gigs” Workshop. Watch the Highlights video HERE.
– July 2010 – School Tour (under Notts Unsigned name) supported by One Nottingham and DARE.
– March 2010 – “How to get Media Exposure” Workshop. Watch the Highlights video HERE.
– March 2010 – School Tour (under Notts Unsigned name) supported by One Nottingham.
– December 2009 – School Tour (under Notts Unsigned name) supported by One Nottingham.
– February 2009 – Future Sound of Nottingham Music Industry Q & A session supported by Nottingham City Council.